*The following rules will be enforced by the Referee. Arguing with the Referee will get you nowhere.
- 4 Cups are lined up in a straight line at each end of the table, with the last cup touching the edge.
- Cup furthest away from the shooting team is the “Home Run” cup.
- Cup second furthest away is the “Third Base” cup.
- Cup third furthest away is the “Second Base” cup.
- Cup closest to the shooting team is the “First Base” cup.
- Each cup is filled halfway with water.
- Each team has one water cup that they may use if they wish.
- All players on the team plays this game.
- The team to shoot first is selected by a coin toss by the referee.
- Each team plays until they reach three outs, then the other team shoots.
- After 9 innings, the game ends.
- If the game is tied at the end of 9 innings, the game still ends and each team is awarded one point.
- Each player gets three strikes.
- A Strike is when the shooter misses the cups but still makes contact with the table.
- A shot that hits the cup and bounces away (without the other team catching it) is a foul ball.
- If the shot hits a cup and bounces in the air, the other team may catch the ball, resulting in the shooter being out.
- If the shot misses the cups and the table completely, that is an automatic out.
- If a player makes the shot in a cup, they advance to that “base.” (Ghost-man style)
- A run is scored when:
- The Home Run cup is hit, in which all players on base score as well.
- A cup is hit which sends one or more people on base home.
- No more than two defenders may be “in play”
- Both defenders must stay behind the table until the shot hits a cup or misses the table.
- If a shot hits a cup and bounces in the air, the defenders may catch it to cause an out.
- All catches must be made cleanly without trapping the ball against the body or letting the ball hit the floor.
- The defenders may not interfere with the table or cups at all. Distractions are ok, but don’t be a dick.
- Any questionable behavior or distractions may result in a reshot or that defender not being able to defend for the remainder of the game.